Thursday, July 17, 2014

Review of Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder

Meh. That pretty much sums up my feelings about the Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder. It is a very light white powder with incredibly subtle yellow undertones. You can barely see the yellow tint in the pan, and I mean barely. It is very finely milled and feels very soft and luxurious (for the insane price tag it should! $45.00 for .35 oz.) 
This powder is described as being a “soft, warm pale yellow powder that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity.” One of my problems with this powder, is that it isn’t supposed to have any visible sparkle or flecks of shimmer to it; but in sunlight they are very visible, almost disco ball like.  It is ok if I lightly, and I mean incredibly lightly, dust it all over the face, it doesn’t look cakey, and does reduce shine like it says. (but to reduce shine I can get Rimmel Stay Matte for $5.49, both my wallet and I like that price much better) 
But I don’t recommend this particular shade for highlighting, unless you want visible shimmer/sparkle. Another downside to this product is that there is a lot of fallout when you go to use it, much of it flies in the air or gets allover the compact. Overall I don’t think that I will be repurchasing, mainly because I don’t feel like spending $45 (.35oz) on a meh product.

No comments :

Post a Comment